Eating raw protein whole foods is a derivative of a movement that embodies eating clean. The underlying principle is that you consume food in its most natural form, and there are a lot of such foods that have high protein quantities.
What are Raw Whole Foods?
Whole foods are generally considered the opposite of processed foods. They are close to their natural state and have no added artificial flavors, sugar, or preservatives. Since they aren’t manufactured in factories, they are naturally high in fiber, vitamins, and protein content.
The entire movement embodies the idea of eating clean, which means consuming food in its most natural form.
So While purchasing food from the market, one would avoid artificial ingredients, preservatives, and additives.
|Raw Whole Foods||Processed Foods|
|Fruits and vegetable||Meal ready to eat or frozen foods|
|Nuts, seeds and beans||Processed foods|
|Meat, poultry and seafood||Refined foods|
|Milk and dairy||foods with added sugar and flavors|
Choosing The Best Raw Protein Whole Foods
Why is Protein important?
Before discussing your daily diet, it is necessary to understand “protein” and how much our bodies require daily protein intake. Proteins are combinations of various amino acids needed by our bodies in a reasonable proportion to function.
Protein plays a pivotal role in the human body. It makes up everything from enzymes, hormones, and muscles to the lens in your eyes. It also builds and maintains bodily tissues.
The Types Of Proteins
Protein is present in almost every edible food in tiny amounts; however, choosing a good protein source can sometimes be tricky and confusing as proteins can be sourced from hundreds of food items present in the market in both “raw” and “processed” form.
So it is essential to dig into the list of ingredients to see where that protein was extracted from. Generally, high protein sourced food is categorized in the following:
Animal-based foods provide high-quality protein sources as they are equipped with all the essential amino acids required by our bodies.
Meat, fish, dairy, and poultry are animal protein sources.
Proteins sourced from beans, seeds, nuts, and lentils are considered plant-based proteins.
4 Raw Protein Whole Food you cannot Neglect
If you care about your daily protein intake and follow a healthy lifestyle, here are four great options which you can load up in your daily diet :
Oats are one of the best sources of proteins. They are an excellent breakfast option.
Nutritionists believe they have the healthiest grain, high proteins, and are packed with fiber, minerals, and vitamins. This is why oats have a bunch of health benefits. Some of them include:
- They help in weight loss by making you feel fuller.
- They are higher in protein and fiber than wheat and rice.
- They help in lowering blood, sugar and cholesterol levels.
2. Beans and chickpeas
Chickpeas and beans are other great sources of protein that can be added to numerous dishes. It is a great meat substitute due to the high quantity of protein and relatively low calories. Beans and chickpeas have exceptional nutritional values with the following benefits:
- They provide a variety of minerals and vitamins with high amounts of proteins and fiber.
- They help you control your appetite, helping in weight management.
- They may help in controlling chronic diseases, including heart-related issues.
Nuts are nutritious foods containing all essential minerals and vitamins needed by our bodies. They are widely consumed as a snack and offer great taste and convenience with several health benefits:
- They are high in healthy fats and low in carbohydrates, making them a perfect source of Protein, Vitamin E and Magnesium.
- Nuts contain polyphenols, an antioxidant protecting human cells from bad cholesterols.
- They are high in fiber content and give a fuller feel aiding weight loss.
- Eating nuts in moderate quantities helps reduce diabetes and heart-related issues.
4. Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables may not be the first thing that comes to mind while discussing protein sources.
However, a lot of them offer a decent amount of protein if added to your daily diet plans.
- Vegetables that can be great source of proteins are :
- Sweet potatoes
- Fruits with high protein values are:
- Black Berries
Other than promoting weight management, these fruits and vegetables provide a diet that will improve the overall health of your body and improve metabolism.
Rather than eating fruit separately, try pairing it with a meal or a snack.
Pros and cons
There are numerous benefits of converting to whole foods and healthy eating habits. They include:
- It is a sustainable model of eating and can be followed for a lifetime.
- It is safe for long term consumption and provides adequate nutrients to the body since it involves all food groups.
- Since it involves natural food items with no added sugar or unhealthy processes, it suits everyone and everybody.
While whole food comes with many health wonders, it does have a few practical drawbacks. They include:
- Cooking whole food is less convenient than processed foods; therefore needs extra time in the kitchen.
- They may be natural but generally cost more than processed foods.
- These whole raw foods are generally not readily available in the markets.
When discussing raw protein whole foods and optimal nutrition for the body, it is always advised to select foods that are closest to their natural form. Maintaining an ideal diet plan with a variety of whole foods, including nuts, milk, and whole grains, is very important for a healthy lifestyle.
The daily requirement of essential minerals, vitamins and proteins through diet has become harder for people trying to achieve them without meat and animal products. It is advised to maintain a balanced diet between plant-based and animal-based whole foods to get enough calcium, vitamin-b12 and iron.
- Can You Eat Sunflower Seeds And Pumpkin Seeds Together? - December 19, 2022
- Vegan Traeger Recipes for Beginners - November 22, 2022
- Is Caviar Vegetarian? - November 3, 2022