The short answer to this question is yes. Kiwi is more than safe to eat with just about any fruit you can imagine.
It goes particularly well with cherry, apple, banana, berries, mango, coconut, citrus, and various other tropical fruits.
About The Humble Kiwi
This fruit is largely native to the mainland of China, and Taiwan. But it is commercially grown in New Zealand and California as well.
Kiwi is a very popular fruit which goes by several names:
- Chinese Gooseberry
- Woody Vine
Typically, kiwi fruit are small round fruit with a furry brown leathery skin and a seedy greed fruit within.
But, did you know that kiwifruit actually comes in a variety of sizes, colors, and textures? They can also have no fur, be the size of grapes, or even have different colored fruit.
This is a fruit that is constantly changing and has gone through a lot despite the popular look and taste we have come to know today.
How Healthy Is Kiwi
While kiwi is a delicious, sweet, and juicy fruit it is also much more than that.
There are countless health benefits associated with this delicious furry fruit. So, let’s take a look at what some of these health benefits are:
- Kiwi is very helpful in digestion, this is due to the high fiber content in this fruit which can help to regulate bowel movements and relieve constipation. On top of that, this fruit also contains enzymes called actinidin which is useful for breaking down and aiding with the digestion of numerous proteins.
- This amazing fruit is also very helpful for treating asthma. Kiwi contains antioxidants and vitamin C both of which have positive effects on the functioning of the lungs, especially those of us that are suffering from asthma. It can also help to alleviate wheezing among children that suffer from asthma.
- Kiwi contains plenty of vitamins that are important in boosting the immune system. The antioxidants in this fruit can improve the health of your skin.
- Kiwi contains bioactive substances that make it able to lower blood pressure if you eat just three of them daily. If you continue eating kiwi for long periods of time it can also reduce the risk of certain cancers and lower the risk of heart disease.
Bear in mind that kiwi can be dangerous to eat if you have an allergy to this fruit.
So, make sure that it is safe for you personally to consume this fruit.
Signs that you may be allergic could be a swollen tongue, an intense itch in the throat, vomiting, issues swallowing, or even hives.
How To Make Kiwi Even More Delicious
Kiwi fruit can be enjoyed with a variety of other fruits without any real issue.
In fact, there are many fruits, vegetables, herbs, and nuts that go remarkably well with this fruit.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
Five Great Recipes With Kiwifruit
Kiwi goes well with so many things. This can make it tough to know where to start when you want to make delicious meals that involve kiwifruit.
Below are five fantastic recipes you can follow if you are interested in learning what kinds of fruits go well with kiwifruit.
Kiwi And Feta Salad By Food 52
If you are looking for a fantastic savory and fruity salad that makes use of kiwifruit then this is the perfect dish for you to make and enjoy.
This salad makes use of several delicious ingredients like garlic, honey, lemon juice, red onions, kiwi, cucumber, feta, dill, sesame seeds, and much more.
Banana And Kiwi Salad By Eating Well
If you are looking for a delightful salad that will have you drooling for more, then you simply have to try eating the banana and kiwi salad.
This salad includes several delicious ingredients like shallow, lime juice, honey, rice vinegar, cayenne pepper, banana, red pepper, cashews, kiwifruit, and more.
The ingredients may seem like odd bedfellows but we assure you that this salad is to die for.
Kiwi, Lime, And Strawberry Salad By The Kitchen Magpie
Are you looking for a light and refreshing salad? If so, you should try this delicious combination.
It includes strawberries, kiwifruit, honey, lime juice, ground ginger, Gouda cheese, and much more. The combination of these ingredients is to die for.
So if you are looking for a kiwi and strawberry salad that will have you drooling for more, try this recipe out.
Kiwi, Avocado, And Tomato Salad With Kiwi Dressing By Salted Plains
Kiwi may seem like a strange ingredient in what you may perceive as a savory salad.
However, this salad is sure to change your mind.
This recipe includes honey, avocado, greens, kiwi, pepper, pepitas, tomato, and several other ingredients, all of which work together to make this salad perfectly delicious.
Kiwi Summer Salad By Food In A Minute
Are you looking for a fresh and summery salad that is sure to impress? If the answer to that question is yes, you should try out this delightful recipe.
It includes lemon juice, pasta, baby peas, mint, honey, feta, red onion, kiwi, and several other ingredients that all work perfectly together.
Can Kiwi Be Eaten With Other Fruits?
We have talked a lot about kiwi and how delicious they can be. But the true question is whether they can be eaten with other fruits. The answer to that question is yes.
There has not been any hard evidence that suggests that it is not suitable to eat kiwi with other types of fruit.
So, with that in mind, we recommend you enjoy your kiwifruit with various other ingredients like the recipes we have suggested above.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed experimenting with kiwifruit and tried several of the recipes that we have suggested here. We hope you have a fantastic day and we will see you soon!
- Can You Eat Sunflower Seeds And Pumpkin Seeds Together? - December 19, 2022
- Vegan Traeger Recipes for Beginners - November 22, 2022
- Is Caviar Vegetarian? - November 3, 2022