Whether as part of a healthy lifestyle or simply because you want to get creative in the kitchen, fruit can be eaten and enjoyed in a variety of ways.
From smoothies to yogurt and even enjoying it alone, fruit is an essential part of our diets, but are there any rules when it comes to what kind of fruit to eat together?
If you are currently asking yourself whether or not different fruit combinations can be enjoyed together, such as banana and watermelon, rest assured that you have clicked on the right article.
In this article, we’re going to be taking a look at whether or not it’s a good combination, as well as some interesting ways that you can pair them together if so.
So, without further ado, just read on to discover whether or not banana and watermelon are a good combination!
Can You Eat Banana And Watermelon Together?
When it comes to eating and enjoying fruit, there aren’t many rules to follow.
However, when it comes to pairing different types of fruits together, there are a few guidelines that you should be aware of in order to ensure an enjoyable eating experience, as well as to ensure your health.
Let’s quickly break them down below:
- Sweet fruits and acidic fruits: The first combination that you should try and avoid if possible is mixing sweeter fruits with those that are acidic in nature. This includes avoiding mixing fruits such as grapefruit or kiwi with sweeter fruits such as bananas or peaches.
- Protein-rich fruit and starchy fruits: Along with making sure that you avoid sweeter tasting fruits with fruits that are typically very acidic in nature, it is also highly recommended that you avoid mixing protein-rich fruit with starchy fruits. The main reason for this is that this can also cause digestive issues, as the body tends to process protein-rich foods more quickly than those that are starchier in content.
When it comes to watermelon and banana, many people find them to be an appropriate fruit pairing option, as bananas are sweet in nature, and watermelon has a high water content that complements other fruits.
However, it should also be noted that, while many people find that bananas and watermelons are fine to eat together, it is often recommended that melons (all kinds) should be eaten alone in order to avoid any digestion problems.
This simply comes down to the fact that melon tends to be very high in water content, and that means that it gets digested more easily than other fruits that have lower water content.
When eaten together, this could result in digestion problems as the body will break down melon more easily than other fruits, such as bananas.
While many people find that they are able to eat bananas with watermelon together without any problems, it does also mean that pairing bananas with watermelon might not be a good choice for those who suffer from digestive issues.
How To Pair Banana And Watermelon Together
So, now that you know that banana and watermelon can indeed be eaten together, you might now be wondering how you can enjoy these two fruits together.
To provide you with some pairing inspiration, let’s take a look at some ways that you can pair watermelon with banana below:
- Blended into a healthy smoothie: If you’re stuck for ideas on how you can enjoy banana and watermelon together, then one quick and simple way that you can mix the two together is by blending them both together inside a yummy and healthy smoothie! Besides taking just a few moments to make after you’ve thrown them into your smoothie maker, you also have the option of adding various other fruits that you might like, such as apples or peaches! Making a delicious smoothie is great for anyone that struggles to get their 5 a day, or even for those who lead a busy lifestyle.
- Make a fruit bowl: Along with blending your banana and watermelon combination into a yummy smoothie that you can enjoy anytime of the day, another way that you can pair watermelon with banana is in a nutritious and vibrant fruit bowl. The best part about creating a fruit bowl is that you can add other types of fruits into the bowl to make a more colorful and yummy mixture, and you can even add toppings such as yogurt or granola.
- Bake into pie: Did you know that watermelon makes a delicious pie? Becoming more and more popular, watermelon pie consists of a creamy and refreshing blend of whipped cream and buttery crust topped with delicious chunks of fresh watermelon that is very popular during the summer months. To make it even more interesting and yummy, why don’t you consider baking your very own delicious watermelon pie, and combining the fresh watermelon chunks that you include in the pie with some fresh slices of yummy banana? The banana is sure to add a delicious touch of creaminess that will complement the rest of the pie perfectly.
- Make into a juice: Last but certainly not least, another fun way that you can enjoy watermelon and banana together is by mixing them together into a healthy juice that you can enjoy at home or even on the go.
The Bottom Line
There we have it! You’ve made it to the end of the article.
Now that you have taken the time to read through all of the above, we are hoping that we have helped you to decide whether or not you’d like to pair watermelon with banana.
Many people find that it’s a combination that complements, but the only person that’s going to be able to decide whether or not watermelon and banana are a good pairing is you!
So, all that’s left to do is to try it for yourself. Thank you for reading!
- Can You Eat Sunflower Seeds And Pumpkin Seeds Together? - December 19, 2022
- Vegan Traeger Recipes for Beginners - November 22, 2022
- Is Caviar Vegetarian? - November 3, 2022